Be You

I'm not delicate.
Tears have flowed, but they mean nothing.
You believe you know me,
But you don't.
You call me your little baby,
But I'm not.
I'm strong.
I'm just as capable as you.
I am not naive to your views.
I choose to see things differently,--

It's my conscious decision to want be see clearer,
In this world where people are blind.--

You choose to be vulnerable.--
I wear my heart on my sleeve,
but you don't know, I'm the one who ripped it out of my chest to put it there.--
Right,
Where it hurts.--

No one acknowledged my audacity,
Because it's seen as a weakness in this world,
Where people have to hide there inner guru.--

You really are no better than me,
Because you cover up your true self,
while I don't care who knows my life story.--

You don't hurt me with your words.--
What people think of me is subjective,
And has no real connection to who I actually am.--

Their views don't change who I am.--
I know what I want in life, and I don't care if I stand out by not fitting in.
I don't need to belong, to feel good about myself.--

I'm not willing to comprise my sincerity
By living the lies of society.
Lacking practicality.--
I'm unique.
I'm tired of this.--
It's no cliché,
No more hiding,
stand up,
and change things,
By just being you.

Comments

Popular Posts